"Seeing a critical need and filling it" with expertise and integrity has been the hallmark of my career.
Now, by leveraging the experience, in-depth knowledge, and extensive contact network I’ve achieved in over 40 years in the tire and automotive aftermarket industry, I’ve been able to establish a nationwide aftermarket-specific business brokerage venture bringing value-added benefits to both buyers and sellers.
In a highly competitive and unique industry such as the tire and automotive aftermarket, successful business brokerage transactions require the broker attributes I possess:
- Unquestionable ethics
- Persuasive and articulate
- Able to achieve positive results and maintain excellent customer relations through disciplined account management
- Experienced in the buying and selling of numerous businesses and real estate transactions over a 30-year entrepreneurial career
- Seasoned team player in all phases of strategic marketing and business development
Art Blumenthal LLC - Malvern, PA
January 2011 – Present
Founder and Owner
As a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)…the prestigious designation exclusive to the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) identifying an educated, experienced, and dedicated business broker...I continue my career of over 40 years serving the tire and automotive service industry.
My membership in the IBBA, representing a network affiliation of 2,000 business brokers in all 50 states, leverages and strengthens my nationwide reach. In addition, to expand my services even further, I have recently earned my California Realtor license.
If you are considering selling your tire or auto service business, I can help you maximize the value by creating a specific marketing strategy and package customized for your business. My business intermediary services include arranging for a third party valuation, screening Buyer prospects, assisting with the negotiations, and coordinating the closing.
I provide competent and experienced professional guidance every step of the way.
Aftersoft Network NA, Inc. – Allentown, PA
January 2001 – April 2010
Vice President – Business Development and Marketing
I sold the Anderson BDG Corporation software business and continued to be employed at the merged subsidiary in various sales, marketing, business development, and product management executive capacities. The company is one of the leading providers of business management and eCommerce software to tire and automotive services chains, including retailers, commercial dealerships, and wholesale distributors.
- Consistently the highest sales producer in the company over a 10 year period
- Served as Account Executive for the largest national chains and franchise organizations such as Monro / Mr Tire, TBC Corporation (Big O, Merchants, Tire Kingdom), Midas, Goodyear, Fountain Tire, etc.
- Price and contract negotiation, deal closing, and account management for several million dollar+ accounts
- Organized technology summits and user group meetings for large accounts
- Secured endorsement deals with key national associations, buying groups and franchise organizations
- Created and implemented strategic marketing plans including telemarketing, press releases, targeted mail/email campaigns, trade advertising, webinars and trade shows
Anderson BDG Corporation – Allentown, PA
April 1988 - January 2001
Chief Executive Officer and Majority Owner
Originally joined as a sales executive and then acquired a majority ownership of the company in 1996, becoming President/CEO. Personally financed and directed an overhaul of the company’s software products, obsolescing the legacy DOS and Unix/Cobol applications and reengineering/upgrading the applications on a Windows®/SQL platform. The company became the leading provider of Windows-based business management software to tire and automotive services chains and franchises, growing from a mere 40 to over 2,400 customer locations.
- Negotiated and consummated the merger/sale of the company for approximately $4.7M in consideration
- Increased sales and profits while investing heavily in an overhaul of the company’s software products to state-of-the-art technology
- Served as Executive Sponsor or Account Executive on major sales to large national chains and franchises
- Served as Account Executive for the company’s largest customer (Monro/Mr Tire) as they grew from 60 locations in 1988 to over 780 stores. Directly responsible for ensuring their satisfaction and support over the 22 year positive relationship
- Successfully maintained and increased client base by designing and implementing strategic customer retention projects and migration to new Windows application
- Developed teams with responsibility and accountability for engineering, product management, client customizations/consulting, quality assurance testing, implementation/training, customer support, network infrastructure, web development and long range planning
- Designed key software application functionality leading to increases in competitive market share
Midas Auto Centers & Autocare USA – West Chester, PA
April 1979 – March 1996
CEO / Owner
Owned and operated four Midas Auto Center franchises and an independent tire/service dealership. Responsible for all aspects of financial and business operations
- Several successful purchases and sales of auto center businesses
- Operated first million dollar Midas franchise in Pennsylvania in 1981
- Received District Dealer of the Year Award.
- Held various leadership positions within the Midas Dealers Association
Midas International Corporation – N. Brunswick, NJ
May 1977 – March 1979
Real Estate Representative
Responsible for site selection, contract negotiation, zoning and governmental approvals, and real estate development coordination for new Midas Auto Center business locations
New York University – New York City, NY
Post Graduate Courses in Finance and Real Estate, 1977
Rutgers University – Newark, NJ
Master in Business Administration, 1976
New Jersey Institute of Technology – Newark, NJ
Bachelor of Science, 1974